More videos on topic here –>-> YouTube.com
Why Study The Bible
- To know God and establish an Intimate Personal Relationship. We are living on earth with our one and only opportunity to KNOW God our Creator and His Son our Savior. He, God, created heaven and the earth and everything in them. Genesis 1-3 and John 1:1-14. Knowing God leads to discovering His will for us to acknowledge faith in Yeshua our Messiah (Hebrew Name) or Jesus the Christ (Greek Name) and have His gift of eternal life, John 17:3-4. We are to enter an intimate personal relationship with God’s only begotten Son John 3:3,14-18. We are commanded to appropriate Messiah Yeshua (Christ Jesus) into ourselves, John 6:53-65; 14:23-27; 15:1-17;
- To Personally Love and Enjoy God. God’s divine character, principles, and promises to motivate us to reach for the High Moral Character that is worthy to be emulated. All the while resting and rejoicing in His love, care, and forgiveness, Psalm 119:12-18; 160-162; Matthew 6:25-34; 1 Timothy 6:17-19. And, living this life to the fullest. John 10:10b.
- To Know God’s word – the only divinely inspired messages given for further enlightening of mankind. The American Bible contains 66 books written by over 40 different writers over 1,500 years span of time. The mystery of the Bible is that it’s an inerrant word from God for mankind and is without conflict. The Bible is the inspired word from God and preserved by human authors for the benefit of mankind. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:12-21; [and see, John 16:5-16 and 14:25-27].
- To Understand that the Word (Yeshua/Jesus) is the Theme and Purpose throughout the Bible. Messiah Yeshua (Christ Jesus) is called the Word because He is appointed the ultimate and complete communication from God the Father. He, Messiah Yeshua (Christ Jesus), existed from the beginning with God, is God (both man and God), and through Him, everything was created. He tells us that anyone who “sees” Him also sees the Father because they are one in Spirit. John 1:1-3; 10:30; 12:44-50; 14:5-14. [sees = an element of indwelling and understanding]
- To Learn a Divinely inspired direction for our Life. The Bible shows us what to do daily and throughout our lifespan. Psalm 119:11; Psalm 121:5; Jeremiah 33:3; 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 12-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21.
- To find true comfort and hope, when needed. The Bible gives us encouragement by sharing with us God’s character, personality, and justice. We are given hope by His word to us and learning that He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. Deuteronomy 29:29; Jeremiah 29:11; Acts 1:7; Romans 15:4-6; 2 Timothy 2:22-26. God does not always deliver us – sometimes we suffer unpleasant consequences. John 16:1-4; see, Daniel 7 & 8; John 16:33.
- To allow God to expose our innermost thoughts and desires. God’s Word helps us see ourselves as we really are and convicts us of sin so that we may be truly contrite, repentant, and change. Psalm 33:13-15; Proverbs 5:21; Jeremiah 16:17; 23:24; Daniel 2:22; Hebrews 4:12-16.
- To become personally pure and holy. Yeshua (Jesus) prayed that all believers be set apart for God and His Holy purposes, John 16:25-28; 17:14-23; Ephesians 2:10; 1Peter 1:15-16.
- To be better equipped to obey God’s commands. The better we know God, the more we love Him and desire to obey Him, Acts 6:7; Romans 1:5b; 16:25-27. The most important commandment is to Love the Lord our God with all our soul, mind, and strength, Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:37-38; Mark 12:28-30. We also have received a new commandment from Messiah Yeshua ( Christ Jesus) to love one another, Matthew 22:39-40; John 13:34-35; 15:12-17.
- How best to become familiar with and learn more about the Bible? Get a Chronological Bible and read each daily selection. You will find this an easy and informative way to learn about God the Father and Messiah Yeshua (Christ Jesus) His only begotten Son. Faith is imprinted within our “hearts” as God’s gift – Psalm 32:1-2; Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 3:3-26; 4:1-25; Romans 5: all; 12:3; Ephesians 2:8-10.
May our Lord, Yeshua, make His presence known to you and may the Holy Spirit share our Father’s truth with you as you travel this journey of Bible reading and study, In Him and in His name, Amen.
By Rob Wynn